I’m a bluebird user for past 2 years and sharing here with my review:
1. People’s mind: While I made my decision to buy a Nissan Bluebird, everyone broke upon me saying it’s gonna be the worst decision in my life. But Alhamdulillah finally I never regret my decision.
2. Buying Car: As a second hand car initial maintenance cost may go very high; because you may need to replace the whole engine and gear box if the car is converted to CNG earlier. CNG conversion will definitely damage this engine today or tomorrow. I replaced my engine+gear-box which costed me 75K.
3. Fuel Consumption: 9-10 kmpl for octane. And 8-9 kmpl for LPG (presently I’m running with that for last 1.5 years.) This is highway mileage. Fuel consumption is higher than Toyota. In this segment only a Suzuki can beat Toyota.
4. Comfort: Leg room/ head room can be compared with an old Alion/ Premio. But regarding comfort Bluebird will easily beat an Alion/ Premio. I’m 6’4” tall person, and inner space was the main factor for me to take decision.
5. Spare parts availability: Every spares are available at ready stock in Bangladesh. Ranging from brand new one to the used (reconditioned) spares at Dholaikhal market. You will never regret finding spares.
6. Maintenance cost: Delicate maintenance is required for cars other than Toyota. Like for Toyota if you use non-genuine parts the car will not deny it. But for other cars, you must use everything 100000% genuine parts. Even the engine coolant. I calculate my average maintenance cost 2Tk. Per KM. Moreover you must go with preventive maintenance. Means suppose your spark plug is making trouble, work-shop mistry are telling you that it may run another 1000-2000 km. For Toyota you may take that chances; but for non-toyota cars in BD you can never take that chances. If your car breaks down on road specially on highway then there will be no one to help you out.
7. Technician/ Workshop: In Bangladesh if you want to buy any car other than Toyota; then biggest challenge is this part. You can’t take your car anywhere/ any garage. It won’t work actually. You have to choose your workshop very very carefully. There are few car work-shops from my knowledge who can deal with other cars e.g. I-Works (For me Saiful Vai is the best), SpeedCare, Uttara; Vehicle Solution, Bashudhara; Multibrand, Tejgaon; Car Doctor, Kallyanpur; etc… Beside I know some Car Technician personally who are very good at maintaining non-toyota cars.
8. Final Verdict: It’s your car, so you have to make your own choice. Rather than depending on public opinion. But one thing is for sure; if you want to buy any car other that Toyota then you have to be very very confident on that car and you have to lover that car. Otherwise; all the people around you will puzzle you e.g. if you are facing a simple issue; then all those people will tell you “See…. This is Bluebird…. This will have this problem….. That problem…..” rather than giving you the solution. AGAIN I’M TELLING YOU, “I’M VERY MUCH SATISFIED WITH MY CAR AND IN BD YOU ONLY GO WITH NON-TOYOTA CARS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DRIVE THAT”.
Finally thanks to the haters to underrate this car, because only for them we can find a premio level car at X-corolla level price .
Written by: Ahsanul Hoque
Photo Courtesy: Md Jahidul Islam